Grey – 50 Shades of Grey by E L James
See the world of Fifty Shades of Grey anew through the eyes of Christian Grey.
In Christian’s own words, and through his thoughts, reflections, and dreams, E L James offers a fresh perspective on the love story that has enthralled millions of readers around the world.
Christian Grey exercises control in all things; his world is neat, disciplined, and utterly empty—until the day that Anastasia Steele falls into his office, in a tangle of shapely limbs and tumbling brown hair. He tries to forget her, but instead is swept up in a storm of emotion he cannot comprehend and cannot resist. Unlike any woman he has known before, shy, unworldly Ana seems to see right through him—past the business prodigy and the penthouse lifestyle to Christian’s cold, wounded heart.
Will being with Ana dispel the horrors of his childhood that haunt Christian every night? Or will his dark sexual desires, his compulsion to control, and the self-loathing that fills his soul drive this girl away and destroy the fragile hope she offers him?
“Christian Grey’s candid narrative gives the familiar story a raw, passionate and much sexier context … the Ana that Christian Grey sees: sexy, seductive, witty and in his own words “a siren”. She displays a compelling blend of vulnerability and backbone and finally feels like a character women can get behind … Best of all the book allows readers direct access to Christian Grey’s deepest, darkest thoughts … It is fascinating to read the story with fresh eyes too, having glimpsed Christian’s traumatic childhood and gained an understanding of his motivations. More realistic and far racier than anything EL James has written before, Grey was definitely worth the wait. Frankly it gives the first three books a much-deserved spanking.” Daily Express “I love, love, loved it!” — Liz Jones The Mail on Sunday “This new book, as with the trilogy and the movie, puts women’s sexual desires out into the open, which can only be a good thing.” — Liz Jones The Mail on Sunday
After twenty-five years working in TV, E L James decided to pursue her childhood dream, and set out to write stories that readers would fall in love with. The result was the sensuous romance Fifty Shades of Grey and its two sequels, Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed, a trilogy that went on to sell more than 125 million copies worldwide in 52 languages.
In 2012 E L James was named one of Barbara Walters’s “Ten Most Fascinating People of the Year,” one of Time magazine’s “Most Influential People in the World,” and Publishers Weekly’s “Person of the Year.” Fifty Shades of Grey stayed on the New York Times Best Seller List for 133 consecutive weeks, and in 2015 the film adaptation—on which James worked as producer—broke box-office records all over the world for Universal Pictures.
E L James lives in West London with her husband, the novelist and screenwriter Niall Leonard, and their two sons. She continues to write novels while acting as producer on the upcoming movie versions of Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed.
Review By Mikayla on June 30, 2015
I have been reading almost every new erotica book to hit the Amazon shelves for the past 5 years now, and I thought this was a little different take on the norm! If you never liked 50 shades, you probably won’t like Grey – but everything’s worth reading once, so give it a try. Keep in mind this is retelling 50 shades, just a different perspective!
If you’re not in the mood for Grey, there are the novelette options like Dark Petals by Deidre St Luke the up and coming writer.
Lastly, I have read some of the reviews posted and while I am not bashing anyone’s opinion I would simply like to point out some facts.
1. This is a retelling of the original story but from Christians POV–therefore how can the author make it be different or original
2. Whereas I did find Christian to be immature and childish in his actions and thoughts those of us who read the original series new this already. His growth didn’t come around until after the second book started. Even Dr. Flynn tells Ana that in a lot of ways emotionally Christian is still a child so this is not news.
3. I do believe this book helped to better understand Christian I am not altogether certain it was necessary as the series was already a huge success but just as I am sure with other readers the times I really wanted to know what he was thinking came in book two and three.
For instance when he and Ana marreid, what was on his mind as he and Ros made their way home after Charlie Tango crashed, and I really want into his head the night he confronted Elena at his mother’s home.
4. As far as the movie I watched it and believed it to have been as true to the book as was possible for a decent rating. Although I honestly believe that there is NO ONE that could have been picked to play the part of Christian that would have been accepted by all the fans of this series. Each woman as we read FSOG had a mental picture of Christian and everyone’s picture would have varied in some way.
Anyway I hope to hear more from Christians POV IN THE FUTURE
Subscribe Our Feed to receive an ebook everyday!
Incoming search terms:
- 50 shades of grey ebook free download for mobile
- fifty shades of grey mobi
- 50 shades of grey mobi free download
- fifty shades of grey mobi download
- kindle ebooks online romance fifty shades of grey
How to download eBooks: Click Download, wait 5 seconds and Click Skip This Ad to download ebook