The Pursuit of God – A. W. Tozer
Download The Pursuit of God ebook. “As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.” This thirst for an intimate relationship with God, claims A.W. Tozer, is not for a select few, but should be the experience of every follower of Christ.
Here is a masterly study of the inner life by a heart thirsting after God. Here is a book for every child of God, pastor, missionary, and Christian. It deals with the deep things of God and the riches of His grace.
In The Pursuit of God, Tozer sheds light on the path to a closer walk with God.
If you want to experience the joys of Christian living, I highly encourage you to read this book. Tozer’s goal of this book was to aid God’s hungry children so to find Him (via preface of book). Here are some of the things I love about this book:
1. “The impulse to pursue God originates with God, but the outworking of that impulse is our following hard after Him.” Tozer explains the paradox of the importance of pursuing God. Even though as Christians we are going to heaven and we experience God’s unchanging love, there are still privileges of continuing to dive into God. God is looking for people He can lavish His blessings on, and those people are the ones who are diving into their relationship with Him.
2. “Self is the opaque veil that hides the face of God from us.” Jesus’ death on the cross removed the veil that was hinder us from coming to God. There is nothing on God’s end keeping us from experiencing the presence of God. And yet, most of us do not experience God personally or experientially in life. We keep ourselves from God.
3. “To most people God is an inference, not a reality. He is a deduction from evidence which they consider adequate, but He remains personally unknown to the individual.” If God is real, then He must be relevant to our lives.
4. “It is the nature of God to speak, to communicate his thoughts to others.” God is not silent. God did not forget how to talk when the Bible was finished. He sees that plans He has for your life and wants to lead you into them.
5. “Jesus taught that His power lay in His continual look at God” (John 5:19-21). This is still a kind of radical thought for me, but Jesus did nothing on earth out of His Godhead. Everything He did is something we can do through the power of the Holy Spirit. The key is to continually gaze at Jesus.
6. “One of the greatest hindrances to internal peace which the Christian encounters is the common habit of dividing our lives into two areas – the sacred and the secular.” Whatever we do we should do it all for the Lord.
would highly recommend the Pursuit of God to anyone wanting to go deeper with God. I am sure if you read it you will get something different than what I laid out above, but I believe whatever you get would greatly help your relationship with Jesus.
The Pursuit of God ebook pdf, epub, mobi, prc
The late Dr. A. W. Tozer was well known in evangelical circles both for his long and fruitful editorship of the Alliance Witness as well as his pastorate of one of the largest Alliance churches in the Chicago area. He came to be known as the Prophet of Today because of his penetrating books on the deeper spiritual life.
Free Download The Pursuit of God ebook pdf, epub, mobi, prc
Subscribe Our Feed to receive an ebook everyday!
How to download eBooks: Click Download, wait 5 seconds and Click Skip This Ad to download ebook